SpecSeal® Series LC Sealant is a latex-based, high solids firestop compound. This material, when properly installed, will effectively seal penetration openings and joints against the spread of fire, smoke, toxic gasses and water.
SpecSeal® Series LC Sealant is engineered to adhere well to virtually all construction surfaces and may be applied using a standard caulk gun or by troweling with a standard mason’s trowel or with a putty knife.
SpecSeal® Series LC Sealant dries without shrinking to form a flexible shield against the propagation of fire. Its premium latex binder system is totally resistant to water and will not re-emulsify after drying. SpecSeal® Series LC Sealant is non-halogenated, contains no asbestos, inorganic fibers or solvents.
- Water-based - easy installation, cleanup, and disposal
- Endothermic - fillers absorb heat & release water
- High solids formula - no shrinkage
- Paintable - when dry
- Safe ... no solvents! Non-halogenated! Low VOC's
- Red color - easy identification and inspection
- Installer friendly - excellent caulking properties along with high build capabilities
- Excellent smoke seal
29 oz tube